Monday, February 18, 2013

Drugstore Makeup Haul & Review

Wanted to do a haul of some things I picked up recently. A few known tips for shopping for makeup at the drugstore, return what you don't like and keep an eye out for sales. Most drugstores have a very lenient beauty return policy where they allow you to return all cosmetics even if they are opened. That includes, opened mascaras, foundations, lipsticks and more. This way, you won't hoard any unworthy makeup products and you get your money back. Also, drugstores always have BOGO 1/2 sales or 40% off sales. So always keep a look out for those. If they don't have a sale for a certain brand this week, they most likely will next week. 

Maybelline's The Rocket Mascara 



 Have been using this mascara everyday for about two weeks, and I really like it. 
It's a nice intense black formula and gives my lashes lots of volume. 
Like all the other Maybelline mascaras that I've tried, I find that they all start off extremely wet but after a few uses, they dry up a little bit so they are easier to use and apply.
This is my current favorite mascara when it comes to volume. I like how it gives my lashes thickness at the roots but does not clump at the ends of my lashes. I feel that Maybelline mascaras are a hit or miss. So, if you have a good track record with their mascaras I highly recommend you to try this one out. 

L'oreal Color Caresse Shine Stain 



 I actually purchased two of these initially, the other was pink resistance but I had to return that one because aside from a shine, pink resistance was the same color as my lips. This one here is in pink rebellion and it is a pink shade that is around one shade darker than my natural lip color. Bloggers have been comparing this to the YSL Lips Stains but I find them very different. The YSL one doesn't have that high of a shine and is definitely longer lasting and more pigmented. The last picture shows what it would look like after you have blended out the lip color. As you can see, there is a sheen to the stain and it does leave a fain color behind. All in all, I had high expectations for these stains and was not all that impressed. I do not hate them but I also don't love them. 

L'oreal Infallible 24 Hr Eyeshadow 




These are really soft and beautiful shadows. From left to right I have 607 Blinged and Brilliant & 407 Gold Imperial. These apply so nicely and are a sort of pressed shadow so I do experience some fall out at times. However, the softness of these shadows are just a dream. I bought two of the more neutral toned colors but they are just stunning. The first one reminds me of MAC's Naked Lunch and the second is a true gold color. I don't think they last 24 hours as the name implies but they do perform well especially under a primer. I would recommend to try these out. 

Benefit's How to Look the Best at Everything Kit


This kit comes with four products and a brush as well as instructions and a handy mirror to help you "Look the Best at Everything." Now, I got this palette in light and it would be a bummer if the colors didn't match your skin tone so I highly advise you to go to the store to check it out. The POREfessional primer is quite nice. I don't really use primers but there was a noticeable difference in the ease of my makeup application and the finish was nice and smooth after applying my everyday foundation. I did not try the foundation yet but it comes in the shade champagne. The boi-ing concealers come in shade 01 and 02. These are really creamy concealers and I feel like if you are around the light skin tone area, they would work for most. I use 02 to combat my under eye circles and go over it with 01. They cover very nicely and do not crease during the day. The powder this kit comes with is very nice. I think it gives slight, slight coverage and does help keep my makeup in place. All in all, I think this is a very nice kit to have if you are trying to test out face products. The powder and concealer would last me a while so it would be a good deal. 

 Milani Color Statement Lipstick



These lipsticks are so fun and vibrant ! I love them! I got two colors, Hot Pink Rage and Sweet Nectar. Hot Pink Rage can be described as a bright pink and Sweet Nectar is a true orange. I am obsessed with how pigmented these lipsticks are and they really do make a statement. They are not drying on the lips and sit comfortably too. They do require a bit more effort to take off. After swatching them, I went over it with baby wipes and my Clinique Makeup Remover and there is still a stain on my arm. This could be a pro or con. On my lips, they lasted through a meal and when it faded a little after the four hour mark, it left behind a pretty stain. These are super fun especially for spring and I highly recommend you guys to check these out. 


Hope you guys found this post helpful! 

xoxo, eveleen

No comments:

Post a Comment