Saturday, March 2, 2013

Spring Break Plans

So busy with midtermsas spring break is less than a week away ! Words can't describe how excited I am !

Not planning on going anywhere fancy but I do plan on spending lots of time with family and friends. Here are some places I definitely want to go or visit again (: So if you live in the NYC area or are planning a trip here, these may be of interest to you !

PLACES TO GO DURING SPRING BREAK

Laduree    864 Madison Ave, New YorkNY 10021

If you follow me on Instagram you know that macarons are a must everytime I go back home. I always need my macaron fix. They are so delish and I always get the sixteen pack one which is around sixty bucks but I think it's completely worth it since they are scrumptious. Just typing about this makes my mouth water.

Sant Ambroeus    1000 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10021


I've tried their panettone over the holiday season and it so moist. If you didn't know what panettone is, its sort of like bread with raisins and small pieces of fruit inside. Also, it was a HUGE size, so my whole family was able to eat it over the course of a two weeks. When I went to order these panettones, the store was packed. Already promised my mom I would take her there to eat in for lunch (: 


Thrifting 

Don't have a specific place I LOVE. It's really all about luck and timing when you go thrifting. I normally take the L train to Brooklyn and walk around. There's a bunch of small thrift shops there. I also like going there just for the atmosphere. It's busy but not as crazy as Manhattan. Very lovely environment. 




There's so many of these all over NYC and the country. A must for coming back home is stuffing myself with as much asian food as I can since all I have at school is mostly fries and burgers and salads. :'( Love this place because there's a variety of meats and appetizers to choose from and if you go for their lunch special it's definitely worth it!



Nori Nori 136-20 38TH AVENUE, 2ND FL. FLUSHING, NEW YORK, NY 11354 

Another asian location, my mother went here for Chinese New Year and told me it was really yummy. She also said it was reasonably priced. Who can pass up on buffet right ? Do have to admit I'm sort of sick of sushi since it's the only thing I eat here for lunch. Gotta have my daily take of rice as a true asian. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be home for a little over a week but with work and everything else, I hope I can check all of these locations off my list. What are your favorite places to go for spring break ? 

xoxo, eveleen

3 comments:

  1. I've yet to try macarons, but I really really want to! Are they worth the hype?? I follow your blog! :) xo

    http://amermaidswardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yessss ! so yummy (: each place makes it differently, so they all have their own taste. some stores are too sweet for me or not crunchy. laduree also has it where you can buy a box of four to just try (:

      Delete
    2. Great plans!!! great blog you are great!!! Thrifting is sooo fun!
      Follow me back? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
      -Jen <3

      Delete